Saturday, December 1, 2012

#231012 Farewell Assembly

"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." - Anatole France
Good Morning Readers! 

Two weeks before my final November exams started, was the last week of school and on Tuesday was the annual 'Farewell Assembly' for the Grade 12s. It was such a different experience this time, because this Farewell Assembly was for me and my cohort. Although I have already graduated and my time at QASMT is already up, I know that I will always cherish the memories during the past three years. Seniors of 2013, make the most of your time at QA because it before you know it, your time will also be up! Okay, I went off topic but yeah. This year, the 'Farewell Assembly' was different to the ones in the past, we had normal period 1 and 2 classes and then we basically had the rest of the day off. We had the Farewell Assembly before some 'fun' activities. It was really nice of admin (for once), to be thoughtful and let us enjoy this day. They even fed us pizza for lunch! 


We had a number of musical items, which were all so amazing! I'm going to miss all this talent at QASMT!

The one and only Alyssa Christina Aguilera singing Kelly Clarkson's Breakaway

Grade 11 Musical Item by Samantha and Dylan! It was really nice of them to sing for us and I probably would have failed QCS if Samantha never lent me her calculator. Thanks again!

Eileen sang one of her originals for us! It was such a beautiful song, definitely going to miss hearing her songs!

Once again, as per usual we had the Teacher's Item. This year it was 'I Come from the Land of IB', a parody of 'I Come from the Land down Under' by Men At Work. Once again, the teachers made fools out of themselves, and I guess it just made the day so much better! Jacqueline and I saw teachers trying to casually sneak off to get changed as per usual. It's a shame not all teachers got involved. I still remember in Grade 10, when the teachers threw toilet paper into the audience and Angel started collecting it saying she would use it at home. ahaha. 




Mr Baker! Going to miss his Trivia Competitions, and its a shame we didn't get to participate in the final one of the year! Digi-Rangers ftw!

 Mr Gooch flipping a table and Gangnam Style Ms Francis

Here's a video of their performance! The beginning might not make sense to you non-IB people, the song starts at 6:54!




"I've come to the land of IB
At Queensland Science Academy
Extended Essay, CAS and Tee O Kay
I can't wait for my graduation day..."

We then had the 'Loop of Honour' which was weird, considering this time I was going through the loop. They also changed it up a bit this time where everyone got gifts from their Instep, which was a really nice thought from admin again. If only they saw what some people got. My Instep just got a piece of paper certificate thing, oh no really, thank you so much, its not like I couldn't do that myself. I must say, I did get jealous of what others got, far out, and this is why my Instep sucks. 

Tristian being the ever so cool person he is! I still remember when I beat him in debating in Grade 9 and got scared of his dad. LOL. The topic was something about having selective secondary schools, and it was weird because we were both going to QA (which I found out when his Dad told me during the debate since he was the chairperson...)

Pizza, kindly provided by the admin. JOKES. Probably money from our school fees.

We ended the day off with Tug of War, not really sure why though. I kinda killed the day for me, since we were out in the sun, dying from heat. But at the same time, it was really nice to have one last time being apart of Curie! I liked it better when we were Badran! 


Enjoy this picture of Darron! Hopefully he doesn't kill me for posting this here haha. Seriously going to miss this guy, met him in Grade 4 and he such an awesome person! Going to miss him teaching me Maths and Chemistry on the train before exams! 

We also got our letters that we wrote to ourselves during Year 12 Retreat. I had completely forgotten about the letter and when I read it, I was so surprised as how supportive I was of 'Future Sam', saying that I would die a hobo if I didn't study enough....


Some people from my grade, also took time off study to create a parody video of our own! It was really good to see my grade involved! We did a parody of One Direction's One Thing, except it ended up being called 'Cause I've Done the IB'. Check out the video below!



Okay, it is time for me to sleep! Its nearly 1am! I'll blog again very soon! Also, Jacqueline, Jade and Paulina Nicole, if you guys are reading this, I hope you guys have a really awesome time on your cruise! I hope global warming doesn't cause a tsunami or anything! Stay safe, don't get rabies and return STD free! 

Good (Early) Morning Readers! 

Hope you have a wonderful Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment